Friday, May 25, 2007

Amazon prime

I bought two more books from Amazon two days ago, and using their free trial of the Amazon Prime service, I got them today with no shipping costs. I'm seriously considering keeping the service. It applies to all items Amazon has in stock. Currently, the costs for annual membership is 79 US dollars. One can also get their in-stock Amazon items overnight for only $3.99 and two day shipping is always free.

The books I bought were: Feeling Unreal: Depersonalization Disorder and the Loss of the Self (the first definitive book on depersonalization disorder) by Daphne Simeon and Jeffrey Abugel and Fear of Writing: For Writers & Closet Writers by Milli Thornton.

I've read a little about the Fear of Writing book and am hopeful that I can get over all my hang-ups, and get "tips to type" (fingertips to type).

I will posts summaries on both books when I can.

7 comments:

Talia said...

I can't get amazon prime because I live outside US. However I'm fascinated by the Depersonalization Disorder book. I'm a psychologist and i've never heard of this, but i presume it's some form of dissocation. i hope you'll be reviewing the book on your website!!!

Doug Skinner said...

I'm glad I popped in to comment on this one. I am always looking for books about writing. I have a lot of hang-ups as well...This will be the next book I order...Good Stuff.

Leah J. Utas said...

The Fear of Writing book sounds like something I'd like to check out.

Peggy K said...

Every time I go to Amazon they hit me with an ad for the service. I'm just not sure it would be worth it since I usually end up buying enough to qualify for the free supersaver shipping.

The Fear of Writing book looks interesting. It would be great to hear your comments.

veinglory said...

I don't sign up to these things even when, over the short term, they make sense. Anything that you keep paying for unless you choose to stop tends to suck money out of my account eventually.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to know if the book *does* sort out writing hangups. I'm a deeply distrustful soul and rather suspect that solutions to this sort of thing are the opposite of one size fits all.

Let us know how it goes!

Kappa no He said...

In Japan if you order more than like fifteen dollars worth of books the shipping is always free. I must say that this has definitely become an incentive when I hit the Proceed to Checkout button. And seeing as how a single paperback at a local store can cost upwards of 25 bucks, Amazon is my big addiction.