Sunday, May 27, 2007

(From wired.com) Tired: space-exploration movies. Wired: brain-exploration movies

I wouldn't be so quick to call space exploration tired, however, inner space does seem to be the next wave. It is the type of SF that I will mostly be engaged in creating.

From Wired:

"The fantastically imagined anime Paprika, which opens today in New York, offers more evidence that sci-fi cinema is trending away from the stars and planets and zooming towards your gray matter."

DC Mini is some kind of machine construct that allows psychiatrists to enter the dream of a patient. It opened in select theaters in New York on Friday 5-25-07. I'll probably have to wait until it's available on DVD. If you like this kind of SF, I'm sure it's worth a little of your time.

2 comments:

Kappa no He said...

This came out in 2006 here. I have heard about it but haven't seen it yet. Now I am deliciously intrigued! I just watched the trailer and wow!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a shame. I happen to like space exploration stories. Oh well. I'm still writing such things. . .

Eric

www.thedrabbledude.com