Sunday, March 2, 2008

Book in a Month

I recently purchased another writing book. It is Book in a Month: The Fool-Proof System for Writing a Novel in 30 Days
by Victoria Lynn Schmidt. I have two other books by her, too. Story Structure Architect: A Writer's Guide to Building Dramatic Situations and Compelling Characters and 45 Master Characters. I've read about half of each, but like everything else I've got going, eventually gets stowed away for the new flavor, for a while.

Today,I'm beginning the Book in a Month challenge. It begins the first day of every month. There is also a companion website, and a yahoo group to join and proclaim your goals to everyone. Like that's supposed to work, for me?

Might as well try, since I'm not doing anything but sitting around the house, waiting, hoping that my unemployment benefits go thru without a glitch. It's not that I don't want to work. Believe me, I'd rather make 3-4 times as much as I may get thru unemployment, but we're going to have to move from current location to find anything. And of course, this takes time. So, this makes a perfect opportunity to pound out a few novels and short stories before I need to find that lucrative, permanent job. If only I could focus more; complete a few stories. At the very least I'd like to finish one novel and begin an agent query within two months from now.

I intend to to book reviews, eventually. Hopefully sooner than later.

So, here goes nuttin'.


No comments: