Thursday, March 29, 2007

Karma Police

You know your life is sorry when your mantra or theme song is "Karma Police" by Radiohead. Part of the chorus goes something like this: "I lost myself, I lost myself. Yeah, just wait a second now, I lost my...se..eh..elf", and so on and so forth.

Unfortunately, this probably rings home with people who have some kind of chronic mental fugue, and other dissociative disorders such as depersonalization (often accompanied by derealization). I belong to the latter group. I've been in a chronic state of depersonalization since December 14, 1990. I had just barely turned 17.

I'm so inspired by "Karma Police" that I've vowed to write a short story whose title is aptly, "Karma Police". Most likely, it will be time-travel or alternate reality based.

BTW, I'm a huge Radiohead fan.

No comments: