Friday, May 2, 2008

Extra-retinal Vision?

For about 3 weeks now I've been experiencing some kind of "extra-retinal" vision. It usually occurs just before waking up after an extended sleep. With my eyes closed I am able to see nearly perfect vision. It usually is nearly identical to when I open my eyes, however, that is not always the case. Usually, it is some scene in my bedroom. I remember being aware of it at the time, but it slowly evades me throughout the day. It's never (at least I don't recall) like I'm above my body looking down, but it's as if I am seeing as though my eyes were open. It's not like an after-image either. It's pure, unadulterated vision. And I'm certainly not above to think that these could be merely hypnopompic hallucinations.

There has been one exception to the content of the experience. Just yesterday morning, May 1, I recall seeing a book, open to reveal some text, but alas, that evades me as well.

It is interesting to note that about the same time this began ocurring, I downloading some of Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's brainwave "entrainment" using my Rhapsody acount. I'm not certain if that was it, or it was coincidental, but nevertheless, it has been interesting.

1 comment:

Kappa no He said...

Before I go to bed I see scenes. Little movies inside my head/in front of my closed eyes. Perfect detail and gorgeous color. The more you 'practice' seeing them the clearer and longer they'll get! Not OBE-like at all.